Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Two way Tuesday.........

The weather is ordinary, I have to be at home to deal with stonemasons fixing our benchtop and I'm very a little on the grumpy side..........

To cheer myself up I thought I'd drop in a quick post-about chicken Two ways!

When we did the grocery shopping on Sunday chicken thigh fillets were a really good price-so I grabbed just over a kilo.

Rather than dividing the fillets up and freezing some I decided to organise the meals I was using them for and cook them both on the same day whilst I had time in the kitchen-that way I don't have to stress about getting home from work and cooking a whole meal! I like less stress.....

I decided to an old favourite- Apricot Chicken ( with peas) and a Chicken, Port and Tomato sauce to be served with pasta.



I marinated both concoctions for a few hours before cooking the Apricot Chicken in the pressure cooker and panfrying the Chicken, Port & Tomato Sauce. Mmmmmm........


Served with rice the Apricot Chicken fed us last night, provided lunch for His Lordship today and there's enough for another meal for us both later in the week.

Now- if only the sun would start shining on a more regular basis I could get out into the mudpit vegetable garden!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deezy, do you have a recipe for the chicken, port & tomato sauce? Now that sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Sandra,

    'Twas one I made up- around 500g chopped chicken thigh fillets, 1 chopped onion, a clove or two of garlic, 1 can of tomatoes, favourite herbs, 1 or 2 tablespoons tomato paste and a good glug or two of port.

    Toss together and let marinate until ready to cook. Heat pan and throw the concoction in, simmer covered until nearly cooked then remove lid and let sauce reduce until you are happy with it.

    Serve over pasta or rice.

    Bon appetit!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...